IPhO 2020 – 51st International Physics Olympiad will take place in Vilnius July 18-26, 2020. We, the Organizers of this event, invite You to join the volunteer team!
It is the largest scientific event to be organized in Lithuania so far. We aim to bring together a team of over 150 proactive, positive, and responsible volunteers to represent Lithuania towards the international guests, assist the organizers, participants and guests of the Olympiad, and have fun.
The IPhO 2020 volunteer team will include:
• Organizing team support (June – July, about 10 volunteers)
Those, who will implement scheduled tasks in a qualitative manner and effectively solve unforeseen problems (organization and implementation of separate parts of the event, logistical assistance to the organizers).
Desired skills: experience in organizing events, ability to work in a team, result orientation, ability to make decisions quickly, highly communicative, excellent knowledge of Lithuanian and English.
• Volunteers to the Academic Committee (July 16 – 26, about 20 volunteers)
An invisible helping hand responsible for the technical running of the Olympiad (task printing and scanning, lab preparation, etc.).
Desired skills: academic or professional knowledge of physics, having participated in international or national physics Olympiads or competitions, attention to detail.
• Volunteers of student delegations (July 16 – 26, about 110 volunteers)
Irresistible buddies of international teams, whatever happens. You will be nearby during the Olympiad (welcoming / greeting the delegates at the airport, escorting to events, sightseeing and leisure).
Desired skills: Excellent communication skills, positivity, openness and respect for other cultures, reliability, flexibility, ability to communicate fluently in English
• Volunteer of team leader delegations (July 16 – 26, about 15 volunteers)
Ambassadors of Lithuania and the event, assisting heads of foreign delegations throughout the Olympiad as needed (welcoming / greeting the team leaders at the airport, escorting to events, excursions and leisure).
Desired skills: interest in physics, openness and respect for other cultures, helpfulness, excellent knowledge of English or other foreign languages, knowledge of Lithuanian might be needed when traveling.
• Media volunteers (June – July, about 10 volunteers)
IPhO 2020 face and voice in the public domain (timely and consistent production and dissemination of IPhO 2020 information content (articles, communications, reporting, newsletters, etc.) before, during and after the event).
Desired skills: experience in public communication, excellent knowledge of English, knowledge of social networks, promptness.
IPhO 2020 organizers expect:
• the volunteers to have a positive attitude, initiative and responsibility throughout the volunteering period, and honor the commitments and deadlines in good faith;
• the volunteers to initiate and maintain high quality and respectful intercultural communication;
• the volunteers to be over 18 years old on July 1, 2020 (i.e. born no later than June 30, 2002).
Each IPhO 2020 volunteer will receive:
• IPhO 2020 apparel and accessories (t-shirts, backpacks, water bottles, etc.);
• volunteering training;
• accommodation and meals throughout the Olympiad (July 16-26);
• an opportunity to form a wide network of international contacts;
• the opportunity to attend the formal and informal events and tours of the Olympiad.
• Further questions can be answered by
IPhO 2020 Volunteer Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
Tel. +370 687 75632